- Over 20 weapons with numerous attachments, no crosshair, and a focus on realistic weapon behavior including a free-aim system and intense suppression effects.
- 12 multiplayer and cooperative maps that take place in 6 distinctive environments ranging from Iraq to Afghanistan to Somalia.
- 5 multiplayer game modes supporting up to 32 players, with a focus on territorial control, destroying weapon caches and escorting high value targets.
- 2 cooperative game modes where you and your friends team up to complete mission-based objectives or defend an outpost against waves of swarming enemy.
- Squad system built upon role-based player classes, which are customizable and asymmetrical based on what team you are on.
- Squad-based communication system which includes 3D VOIP, allowing friendly and enemy players within proximity to hear you.
- Overhead map detailing objective and teammate locations.
- Accumulate supply to customize and upgrade your gear, affecting your weight, stamina, and movement speed.
- Simplified HUD and UI for a clean, immersive user experience focused on the action and environments.
- Highly immersive particle FX and audio to intensify the game experience.
- Create custom maps and content using the Insurgency SDK and scripting system.
- Playable on both PC and Mac OSX and supports multiplayer cross-compatibility.
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux.
Five objectives can be secured to prolong your team’s survival. Each objective secured provides your team with additional reinforcements. However, each team has a weapons cache that will cut off reinforcement gain when destroyed. Matches often become an epic tug of war, as both teams struggle to gain control of the map. The balance of momentum easily shifts based upon a team’s strategy, where a crucial flanking maneuver can lead your team to a swift victory.
The popular modes Push and Battle are featured on ported versions of the original mod’s maps, including Buhriz and others in progress.
This attack and defend mode has three weapons caches that must be discovered and destroyed. Blowing up a cache brings additional reinforcement and time for the attackers, while the defenders lose a reinforcement wave.
Search & Destroy
Identical to Strike’s objectives, however both teams only respawn when a cache is destroyed.
Three territorial objectives, one for each team, plus one neutral. A team only respawns when an objective is secured. A skilled team can win a match by eliminating their opponent in less than one minute, so every life counts.
One team must escort their VIP player to the extraction point. Both teams only have one life per round, so coordination is paramount. The VIP is only armed with a silenced pistol, but can pick up a weapon from a fallen enemy or teammate.
Complete mission-based objectives in sequence against AI enemy. Each successful objective will respawn anyone who was eliminated along the way.
Survive endless waves of swarming enemy attacking your team’s location.