Imagine a game from the golden era of 2D platformers - a time of unbridled creativity and demanding challenge - but with cutting edge production values, more finesse than was ever possible then, and today's gameplay innovations. The sort of gorgeous, immersive 2D game that a kid in the 80s could only dream of playing.
At its core, Spryke is a skill-based platformer that builds on the formula of tough, no-nonsense games like Super Meat Boy. Its fast, smooth controls provide an agile and joyous sense of movement, while gorgeous graphics and meticulous animation immerse you in a luscious sci-fi world like no other, like being inside a living cartoon.
- FAST-PACED PLATFORMING ACTION: Snappy level design, tight controls and instant respawn work together to provide a hardcore challenge without the frustration.
- DIVE INTO A LUSH & RICH UNIVERSE: A level of visual detail and intricacy rarely seen in indie games which brings Spryke’s universe to life. You will journey through a cartoony scifi saga full of strange creatures, stunning locales, and uncompromising animation.
- INSTA-BUBBLE: Float through the air using your own momentum with a unique bubble mechanic that feels super satisfying to use.
- MASTERY AWAITS: Every moment counts as the Sporalium evaporates in each level. You’ll always be rewarded for perfecting your runs.
- NON-LINEAR PROGRESSION: Finding a level too hard? No problem! A highly granular progression system means that you'll always have multiple paths to choose from.
- A WEALTH OF SECRETS & UNLOCKABLES: The world is full of secrets and hard-to-reach resources. Find them to unlock sections of your mysterious new home base and learn more about the world above.