- Space Program Campaign - Explore the Red Planet from the perspective of a science-driven space agency. Become a rover operator, allowing you to control various fully simulated mobile rovers and stationary landers, and make your way through numerous scientific missions.
- Mars Rover Simulation - Take a seat of an operator in the mission control center, commanding rovers, landers or probes over the distance of hundreds of millions of kilometers, and collect important scientific data about Mars.
- Expedition One Multiplayer - Use the opportunity to become Mars astronauts and work together to establish the foundations for a first human colony on Mars. Build your own habitat, drive various vehicles, and manage the resources needed to keep your crew alive.
- Real Life Locations - Travel across a vast, unforgiving Martian terrain with locations based on actual satellite data from famous locations such as Victoria Crater and Deimos.
- Physics Simulation & Dynamic Destruction - Experience motion in locations with different gravity strength (including Zero-G). Break off cameras, robotic arms, or even individual struts and wheels - all affecting the way your vehicle handles.
- Content Creation Tools & Modding Support - Create your own scenarios in the 3D Editor and share them on the Steam Workshop, or dive into Take On Mars’ powerful Workbench editing suite to develop new terrains, addons and total modifications.