Earth is on the brink of destruction and you are sent to explore a distant planet. After years of space travel you arrive but experience a catastrophic landing.
With your team members dead and your equipment destroyed you have no way of communicating with - or receiving help from an Earth that might no longer exist... you are completely and utterly alone...
- Explore - Unlock the depths of the uncharted planet, and discover the secrets buried deep below. Delve into huge cave systems and tombs and uncover over 200 secrets.
- Handcrafted - 10 large entirely handcrafted levels to explore. Explore and puzzle your way through 5 islands and 5 large tombs/caves.
- Atmosphere - Atmosphere rich environment that is fully dynamic. An alien day and night cycle and a dynamic weather system that calculates temperature/humidity/wind. Ocean tides. Plants respond to the climate. Storms form. Earthquakes happen.
- Survive - Survive the extreme climate, tornadoes, storms, meteors, lightning, and not least the dark secrets buried beneath the surface.
- Linear - The game has a start and end. It is a singleplayer adventure with 10 large levels.
- Your Time- Scale the game as you wish. Go from a super hardcore experience to a relaxing stroll on an alien planet. In fact you can cheat old school console style even. It is your time, your experience.
- Just You - Very little hand holding. No obvious enemies. No combat. It is just you. All alone by yourself.
- Old school - Fond memories of games from 10, 20 years ago? So do we. Complex level layouts. Dozens of secret areas. Keys to unlock doors. Underground environments. A ~ key to open the game console.
- Exploration - There are hundreds and hundreds of things to find hidden away in the world. Secret areas the size of modern "next gen levels". Secrets within secrets. Just how deep does the rabbit hole go?
- Puzzles - Puzzle your way through environmental puzzles left by an alien civilization, like our titles Unmechanical and The Ball.
The Solus Project is the brainchild of Sjoerd "Hourences" De Jong. As a one-man army he crafted the vision for the game and a large part of the game's looks. Sjoerd has over 12 years of experience in the industry and has worked for a range of large and small studios such as Starbreeze, Epic Games, Guerrilla Games, Digital Extremes, and many more.
The game has been in production since July 2013, and has a team of 5 to 10 people working on it.
Teotl is a small indie studio that was founded in 2010 and is located in Sweden. It released The Ball on PC in 2010 and followed up with Unmechanical Unmechanical on PC and iOS/Android in 2012.
The studio focuses on creating high quality and immersive single player experiences. The Ball won the PC Gamer USA Action / Adventure Game of the Year 2010 award. Unmechanical was awarded Best Artistic Achievement at the Nordic Game Conference.
Grip Games is a privately owned developer and publisher of games for consoles and high-end portable devices, based in Prague, Czech Republic. The company was started by industry veterans who worked on games across all major platforms. Grip Games is working with the top independent developers to bring their games to console platforms.